Student Lunch runs on Sundays after the 11.30am service. There’s home-cooked food, as well as a chance to catch up with friends, chat about the sermon and meet people from other colleges. We then have a short talk on a topic relevant to our lives – such as friendship, studying, dating, church, the Holy Spirit, depression… There’s plenty of time for discussion in groups and a chance at the end to ask questions to the speaker. We’re all done by 2pm.
"I really enjoy Student Lunch, where we get together on a Sunday afternoon, and spend some time looking at really important issues in the Christian faith, what the Bible says about them, and how they are relevant to us now. It could be anything from “The doctrine of the Trinity” to “Singleness”. We have this over delicious lunch, made by really talented cooks. It is also an amazing opportunity to get to know other StAG students, to ask questions, and to chat and pray together."
Moji Agboola, a 4th year Engineer at Peterhouse.
This term the dates and topics for the student lunches
are as follows;
- Making the most of your studies (Rich Alldritt)
- Singing in the Spirit (Matt MacGregor)
- ‘Spotlight’: The work of the Holy Spirit (Rich Alldritt)
- ‘Spotlight': The gifts of the Holy Spirit (Rich Alldritt)
- The Reformation: what happened & why it matters today (Alex Weston)
- Dealing with disappointment (Nic Ross)
- Link-up Lunch
- Mission Sunday
- Unity in the truth: is it ever right for Christians to disagree? (Ben Shires & Alex Weston)
To listen to recent student lunch talks, please visit our resources section